Muscle plays an essential role in our body. They help in body movement, circulation, and respiration activity. The calf is a skeletal muscle consisting of two kinds of muscle, gastrocnemius, and soleus. Those two types of muscles are involved with the legs’ first movements, such as running, jumping. So, there is more possibility to injure this calf in our everyday life.
Therefore, massaging on calf muscle is essential. It helps to relieve the pain and reduce scar tissue. However, many professional massage therapists can give a deep tissue massage, but it’s too expensive. Here and Now, we are aiming to share some advice on how to massage calf muscle by yourself. In the rest of the article, we will also discuss various benefits of calf massage and how safe it is for your health. Let’s see the actual cause of Calf Muscle Pain in the below section.
What Causes Pain In Calf Muscles?
Among the many causes of Calf pain, structural problems and the calf’s blood flow in vessel problem are the main. Luckily, various sources of Calf Pain are easily fixable. Here is some reason for pain in the calf muscle.
People who frequently exercise muscle cramp is a common thing for them. Cramp in the Leg muscle is usually temporary, although it is considerable pain and causes significant discomfort. The cramps in leg muscle tissue usually occur for dehydration, lack of stretching, and weak tight tissue.
When the fibers in the calf tear entirely or partially, then muscle strain occurs. However, the symptoms of a muscle strain depend on the severity of the condition since many people experience a sudden tenderness and sharp pain in the calf site.
Calf Pain also occurs due to shortage or blockage of the arteries. These arteries supply the blood circulation into the legs. This may happen when you are walking or during the first movement. A person with arterial claudication may not face any discomfort while resting but walking for some time may increase the pain.
This occurs when the nerves are pinched and affect communication with the lower part of the legs. Neurogenic claudication generally happens for spinal stenosis when the bone in the spinal column is narrow and puts extra pressure on the nerves.
Are Calf Massages Safe?
Calf massage is safe for everybody except some other people. If you have the following problems, you should not massage your calf muscle when you feel pain. Instead of massage, you can use Flamingo Calf Support, which is the best alternative to deep tissue massage.
For people who have diabetes and are more than 50 years old, calf massage is not safe for them. Besides, those who have a deficiency in the lower part of the leg are also discouraged from using this messenger type.
Calf Massage is also harmful to people who have eruptions in the skin. If you have high blood pressure and in a pregnant condition, stay away from those types of massage. Calf massage is also harmful to immature people.
Now, in modern times there is foot and calf massager eligible in the market. These messengers are safe to use and made with concerning the problem of calf pain. They are really effective for Calf pain and massage.
How to Massage Calf Muscle
Calf Massage depends on four kinds of techniques. They are Skin Rolling, Hacking, Effleurage, Lymphatic Drainage. Although for getting an effective muscle recovery one needs to massage their muscle for 30 minutes. Follow those things to massage your Calf in a proper effective way.
- Before starting the calf massage therapy check for its contraindications. To ensure it is safe for deep vein thrombosis.
- In a preferable or firm base table select the position for the patient to keep the feet relaxed. Support the feet with a rolled towel or hand the feet over the massage table.
- At first, Calf’s message needs to start with light effleurage techniques. Light Effleurage warmed up the tissue and prepared the tissue for deep tissue massage.
- After doing the light effleurage for 5-7 minutes they need to effleurage in the deep method. Gradually working so deeper effleurage with the patient’s calf tissue can be lost.
- After Finishing the Effleurage then kneading should apply. Among various types of kneading techniques Apply the kneading technique with comfort. Thus as time goes by, the injury improves, the pressure should be increased.
- Tapotement is another massage technique that many technicians suggest applying when doing the calf massage. This technique should apply to the last stage of muscle recovery. After completing the tapotement one should return with the effleurage technique.
Benefits of Calf Massage
Massage on the Calf muscle is beneficial for those who put a lot of pressure on their feet. Calf massage is a natural remedy for calf pain and an alternative to massage therapy. The athletes and those who work out for a long time frequently suffer from Calf Pain. Here are some of the benefits of Calf Massage.
- Calf massage will slowly improve the blood circulation to your whole body. Massaging on the calf can stimulate several significant veins. It is needed for people who suffer from a leg injury to enhance the blood circulation in the legs. Calf massage can do the right thing to improve such conditions.
- One of the core benefits of Calf Massage is the improvement of lymphatic drainage improvement. During the calf massage, the human body extracts lymph fluid. The amount of lymph fluid is much more than the average condition during the calf massage.
- For people who have cramps, varicose veins, edema, calf massage is effective. It will give a targeted heat, soothing massage, and vibration on the specific area. Pressure on the particular area is responsible for improving the condition.
- People who work for a long time by standing, such as police, teachers, and security guards, can benefit from this massage. The relaxation and vibration on the tense muscle can soundly relax their calf muscle.
- Calf massage is more convenient and accessible than any other body parts relaxation. It does not need any extra thing. One can do his massage by ownself. This is a great benefit.
The calf is very essential to relax our feet. Since those muscles are related to walking, running, jumping and face a lot of pressure in our regular day’s activities. So, the relaxation of calf muscle should be in a proper way. Thus knowing how to massage calf muscle is a must before starting the massage. The steps and techniques we have mentioned above should be followed.
Massage on the lower part of the leg like in the calf muscle can enhance the whole body’s performance by relieving the pain. Calf massage is needed for athletes and those who work out regularly. A pepper massage on the calf keeps them fit for the next day’s performance.