Usually, massage is a practice and method of kneading and rubbing our body by using the hands of massage therapists. Well, there are various types of massage like Hot Stone, Deep Tissue massage, sports massage, and Swedish massage that focuses on the different parts of our body. But these massages have other wellness goals.
If you want to know the wellness goals, benefits, similarities, and dissimilarities of a Hot massage and a Swedish massage, then you need to know Hot Stone Massage Vs Swedish. However, to learn more, you can go through the article earnestly.
What Is a Hot Stone Massage?
A hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy that mainly uses flat, smooth, and heated basalt stones or volcanic rocks. The spa therapists will soak the basalt stones in warm water until the stones become warm in the temperature range of between 120°F-130°F.
In this massage therapy, the massage therapists will place some heated stones along your spine, in the muscles of your legs and the toes, in the palm of your hands, the stomach, and the face. Sometimes, cold stones can be used on the face after applying the basalt stones. The combination of hot and cold stone massage therapy will provide your body with huge benefits.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
All types of massage therapy come with lots of benefits, and hot stone massage is not exceptional. People who are experiencing chronic muscle pain, muscle tension, tight muscle, stress, insomnia will be benefited from this massage. Well, here, the benefits of a hot stone massage are mentioned.
- A hot stone massage therapy will help you to relieve muscle tension, chronic muscle pain, and sore muscle, and it works like a massager for Hip Pain.
- It will increase the blood flow of the affected area of your body.
- This massage therapy will also reduce muscle spams by increasing flexibility and the range of motion.
- Cold stone therapy of this massage therapy helps to relieve inflammation.
- You can reduce stress and anxiety through this massage.
- This massage will improve your cardiovascular responses like stroke volume.
- A stone massage works as an alternative to sleeping pills that means it provides better sleep.
- This massage can decrease cancer symptoms.
- It will help to relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
Risks and Warnings of Hot Stone Massage
There are some situations and circumstances when you need to avoid the hot stone massage. Before getting a hot stone massage, you should know about its risk and warning. The dangers and warnings about this massage are given below.
- If you have a bleeding disorder, you should avoid the hot stone massage.
- You should not take a hot stone massage if you have burns on your skin.
- With open wounds, you can’t get a hot stone massage.
- If you have a history of blood clots, then avoid this massage.
- You can’t take a hot stone massage if you had surgery in the last six weeks.
- Having fractures and severe osteoporosis will prevent you from getting a hot stone massage.
- If you are experiencing low platelet count and diabetes, then you should stay away from a hot stone massage.
What Is a Swedish Massage?
A Swedish massage is a form of massage technique that is also known as classic massage. This massage is suited for those people who want to have relaxation by releasing muscle tension. While doing this massage, the massage therapist puts deep pressure on the different parts of your body.
The massage therapists will use the Swedish massage techniques, long strokes, kneading, passive joint movements, and deep circular movement during a Swedish massage to relax your body. This massage will involve your entire body, and you can ask your therapist to spend more time in some particular areas to get specials benefits.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
Swedish massage therapy is a widely practiced therapeutic massage that comes with lots of benefits. Before getting a Swedish massage, you should explore some of the remarkable benefits of this massage.
- A Swedish massage is an effective method of reducing chronic pain and arthritis, asthma symptoms, carpal tunnel syndrome, myofascial pain, and headache.
- This massage will decrease your stress by increasing relaxation.
- Through this massage, you can reduce your muscular tension.
- A Swedish massage with some special massage oil will elongate your muscle and lubricate the joints and also decreases swelling.
- By preventing muscle swelling, this massage can ease your movement and increase flexibility.
- This massage therapy can boost your energy level by increasing blood circulation and decreasing stress.
- A Swedish massage can expand your blood vessels and opens up the membrane pore by improving the ability of your body to convey and deliver fresh blood to the muscles and organs.
- This massage can improve your mood by increasing serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters.
- You will fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer after getting the session of a Swedish massage as it increases serotonin levels.
Risks and Warnings of Swedish Massage
A Swedish massage should not be given to those patients who have the following physical disorders and conditions-
- Avoid the Swedish massage if you have nausea, diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- With broken bones, fractures, and severe cricks, you can’t take this massage.
- It will be better for you to avoid Swedish massage if you have infectious diseases.
- If you have unhealed sores, then skip this massage.
- You should stay away from this message if you have recent surgery.
- With varicose veins, you can’t get a Swedish massage.
- Try to avoid this massage if you have kidney disease and large hernias.
- You can’t take a Swedish massage with torn ligaments and tissues.
- If you have high blood pressure, a history of blood clots, and heart problems, then skip this massage.
Hot Stone Massage Vs Swedish- Which One Should You Prefer?
Before getting a session of the hot stone massage and the Swedish massage, it will be better to know about the Hot Stone Massage Vs the Swedish massage. When you know the differences between the hot stone massage and the Swedish massage, you will be able to choose the proper massage for yourself.
Getting a massage depends on your physical requirements and mental condition. If your body and mind need a massage for relaxation, then go for a hot stone massage. On the other hand, if you want a break from your work, stress, and pressure, then have a Swedish massage of your entire body.
A good and quality massage is undoubtedly a remedy and cure that provides lots of health benefits. But you may be confused with so many different massage varieties like the hot stone massage and the Swedish massage.
Well, to end up your confusion, you can read this article to gather knowledge about Hot Stone Massage Vs Swedish massage. Hopefully, this article will help you to choose the right massage for you.