Can you use a percussion massager for scar tissue? It’s one of the most frequently asked questions we have received lately. Basically, scar over skin appears because of injury or surgery that can be reduced through a percussion massager.
The massager will trim inflammation by flushing extracellular fluids from the muscles and circulation system. The flushing system will flush out the lymph fluid and venous blood, which will help to break down the scar tissue.
Alongside reducing the scar tissue, a percussion massager will also minimize the tension and soreness of the muscles. Learn about the benefits, safety tips, and how to use percussion massager for scar tissue throughout this article.
What Is A Percussion Massager Good For?
Want to know what a percussion massager is good for? It’s a versatile massage that acts as a percussive therapy device that provides lots of benefits. A percussion massager will rapidly strike your muscle tissue, and it’ll help increase blood flow.
Alongside increasing blood flow, this massager also helps ease muscle tension and effectively reduces your body’s inflammation. The whole working process can significantly help to reduce scar tissues and relax the tight muscles.
You can easily get a suitable massager for scar tissue and reduce the unwanted mark naturally and effortlessly. Although there are plenty of ways available to break down scar tissue, using a percussion massager will ensure a safe and fast result.
Can You Use A Percussion Massager For Scar Tissue
Anyone can use the percussion massager to reduce the scar tissue. Among many ways to reduce scar tissue, using a percussion massager will be the most reliable procedure. Here is how to use a percussion massager to break down the scar tissue:
Step – 1 Select the right massager head since there are many types of percussion massager heads available. Different kinds of heads are suitable for different muscle groups.
Step – 2 After selecting the proper massager attachment, it’s time to turn on the massager. Always turn on and adjust the speed motion of the percussion massager before resting it on your skin.
Step – 3 Now rest the percussion massager on your skin and do not put any extra heavy or gentle pressure on it. Let the percussion massager float and work in its own way.
Step – 4 Breathe normally and start massaging the scar area. You can massage the area by following any motion; however, you can use the circular motion.
Step – 5 While massaging with a percussion massager, you must need to give attention to the time duration. That is because overuse can cause several impacts. Use the massager for a minimum of 15 seconds to a maximum of 2 minutes.
Step – 6 Using the massager one time a day would be enough to reduce scar tissue effectively. You can improve the texture, reduce inflammation and build collagen using the percussion massager two or three times a day.
What Are The Benefits Of Percussion Massager For Scar Tissue?
Do you want to know what benefits you’ll get by using a percussion massager to reduce scar tissue? Here we’ve included the benefits you’ll get by using the percussion massager:
- Massage with a percussion massager will help to get back the feeling and sensation in the scar tissue area.
- A percussion massager will help reduce the tingling, soreness, and numbness from the affected area and restore normal function.
- This massage tool will help limit scar tissue build-up. Excess scar tissue will make the area’s muscles weaker and stiff.
- Percussion massager will promote scar pliability, the healing process, and blood flow.
- This massager helps to reduce proliferation and swelling by draining excess fluid.
Safety Tips When Using A Percussion Massager For Scar Tissue
You must maintain some safety precautions while using a percussion massager for scar tissue. That is because the improper use of a percussion massager can lead to many impacts. Here are some safety tips to follow while using a percussion massager:
- Never use the massager until your incision or scratch is fully healed. If you use the massager on scars prematurely, it will lead to many issues, including re-open or tearing it off.
- Always start massaging with the massager with a slow-motion, then gradually go to the fast action.
- Never use the massager over any bony area since a percussion massager is only made for muscle massage.
- Avoid over massaging in any scar tissue area and always give attention to the time duration.
- If you have a severe scar tissue issue, it’s always good to use the percussion massager by consulting a doctor or any health professional.
Since we have explained everything about massage and scar tissue, now you know if can you use a percussion massager for scar tissue. The massager will naturally break down the scar tissue by flushing out the lactic acid build-up and improving blood circulation.
Alongside break down scar tissue, a percussion massager will also relieve restriction and increase the range of movement from the scar area. The percussion massager will help to relax the muscles tissues by providing deep tissue massage. So start using the percussion massager to get rid of scar tissue naturally.