Massage can help you reduce the nerve pain caused by sciatica. Massage therapy can lose your muscles that prevents irritation. It also helps to increase the release of endorphins that is known for its pain-fighting capability.
But taking regular massage is too expensive. In that case, you can take help from a massager. There are a lot of massagers available in the market. But you need the best massager for sciatica that can help you reduce the pain. If you cannot choose the right massager, the chances are high that you will not benefit from it. So make sure you choose the massager carefully.
What Type Of Massage Is Best For Sciatica?
There is no such massage that proved to be most effective in the sciatica problem. It is a matter of choice; actually, there are several types of massages that effective in sciatica pain. Deep tissue massage is there that helps to release tension from connective tissue and muscles. Swedish massage increases blood flow and improves relaxation.
Neuromuscular massage releases contracted muscles, and other massages also help to lose the muscles and reduce pain. So overall, all the massages work well in the sciatica problem, and you can choose any of these based on your preferences. But you need to know the types of massages to select the best one. Do you know that? If not, then follow our guide on types of massage.
Table of content
If you want to perceive everything described below, you should check out our table of content.
Top 8 Best Massager For Sciatica Reviews 2020
- 1. MuscleRelax Pro
- 2. B37 Percussion Massager
- 3. B37S Percussion Massager
- 4. Massage Gun Muscle Neck Back Massager
- 5. Jimugor Lower Back Stretcher Massager with Heat Function & Adjustable Intensity
- 6. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager – Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat for Shoulders
- 7. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Massager
- 8. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager for Muscles
- What To Consider Before Buying A Massager For Sciatica?
You should compare all the massagers to find out the best one for you. Here is our comparison chart that will help you compare all the massager that we have reviewed.
B37 Percussion Massager
B37S Percussion Massager
Massage Gun Muscle Neck Back Massager Deep Tissue Percussion Handheld Shoulder Massager
Lower Back Stretcher Massager with Heat Function & Adjustable Intensity
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager - Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat for Shoulders
Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Massager –
RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager for Muscles
Top 8 Best Massager For Sciatica Reviews 2020
You know it is important to get the best massager. But when you do not know anything about massager, getting the best one among thousands of massages in the market is tough. That is why we have come up with some amazing massager that can help you reduce the sciatica pain. We will also mention all the main features and benefits so that you can make a better decision.
1. MuscleRelax Pro
Weighing at only 2.5 pounds, the MuscleRelax Pro comes in a lightweight, enabling you to work on yourself using only one hand. You will find a button-down at the bottom meant to give you control when operating and to keep you safe from accidental touches. It is equipped with a robust 90W motor that is soundproof bringing forth noise-free operation.
Through this MuscleRelax Pro review, you will realize that the MuscleRelax Pro comes with a 22200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery. With this battery, it can give you operations running for six hours straight. It is constructed using top-notch aluminium Alloy housing that aids in heat dissipation and is corrosion-resistant. The MuscleRelax Pro is ergonomically designed, allowing for easy gripping.
Something else that makes the MuscleRelax Pro stand out is its four different gears whereby each comes with its own functions. The 1st gear moves at 1600 rpm whose function is muscle arousal while the 2nd gear runs at 2000 rpm for muscle relaxation. The 3rd gear usually drives at 2400 rpm used for the breakdown of lactic acid and the last one is the 4th gear which moves at 2800 rpm ideal for deep massage. It also comes equipped with four different detachable, and replaceable massager heads each coming with its purpose.
MuscleRelax Pro Features:
- The MuscleRelax Pro is equipped with four detachable heads meant for various purposes ideally indicated for waist, back, large muscle groups, thigh, hip, and waist.
- It incorporates a 22200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can sit for six hours offering smooth operation.
- This massager is constructed with quality aluminum alloy housing that acts excellently in resisting corrosion and in heat dissipation.
- There are four different gears installed in the MuscleRelax Pro where each has its own functions; heat arousal, muscle relaxation, lactic acid breakdown, and deep massage.
- A lightweight massager weighing 2.5 pounds enabling you to work on yourself using one hand.
2. B37 Percussion Massager
The B37 Percussion Massager is equipped with a brushless motor that offers high performance releasing a force of 56 lbs. This massager operates using state-of-the-art technology that delivers a smooth and quiet experience. You will also find a high-powered Samsung lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 8 hours of standby time. That enables you to operate this massager with a surety that your battery will not lose its charge.
You will be enlightened by this b37 percussion massager review that offers information regarding the five optimized speeds that come with this massager. You can switch in between intensities having a low and high intensity allowing you to work on your sore or sensitive areas. You will also love its ultra-quiet tech feature that offers quiet operation without causing a disturbance.
The ekrin b37 percussion massager is lightweight and portable, making it excellent for outdoor workouts. It is constructed with soft premium materials, giving a perfect grip and comfort. The massager is ergonomically designed giving you a 15o angled handle to enable you to reach hard to get to areas. It's four attachments which include bullet, flat, ball and fork are meant to deliver an excellent massage.
B37 Percussion Massager Features:
- The percussion massager is ergonomically designed with a 15° angled handle enabling you to reach areas that are hard to reach.
- This B37 works on deep massage with a strong brushless motor.
- It comes with state-of-the-art technology that works excellently to bring about a quiet experience.
- This massager is equipped with a high-powered Samsung lithium-ion battery that operates without losing its charge.
- A massager having five optimized speeds enabling you to switch in between intensities allowing you to work on sensitive areas.
3. B37S Percussion Massager
This B37s Percussion Massager can be trusted because it offers powerful performance that professionals love. It is ergonomically designed to deliver full-body wellness, so if you are serious about working out, this is the massager for you. You will find a reactive force sensor that displays a blue light depending on the amount of pressure being exerted during the massage.
Maximum power is exhibited when using this massager, offering low speeds perfect deep massage therapy. Through this b37s percussion massager review, you will learn that the massager is equipped with five alternate variable speeds excellent in enhancing recovery. To protect the attachments from popping out when working out at high speed, the massager comes equipped with locking attachments.
The ekrin b37s percussion massager is engineered with a Samsung Lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable having a running time of not less than eight hours. This massager incorporates six Interchangeable Attachments whereby each attachment comes with a specified impact level for treating every area. It runs at high speed to deliver more force than the B37 massager making it perfect for percussive treatment.
B37S Percussion Massager Features:
- The B37s Percussion Massager has a Reactive Force Sensor that displays the pressure exerted during a massage.
- This percussion massager runs with a Samsung Lithium-ion battery that can be recharged, giving it a running time of up to eight hours.
- The six Interchangeable attachments incorporated in this massager are designed for an extraordinary impact in the body hence offering the best treatment for the entire body.
- It runs on maximum power while offering low speeds that work perfectly to deliver deep massage treatment.
- This massager is equipped with locking attachments that prevent attachments from popping out while working out at high speed.
4. Massage Gun Muscle Neck Back Massager
Massage Gun Muscle Neck Back Massager by opove is designed to provide exclusive massage to you that will help you get reduce sciatica pain. It comes with 4 interchangeable head attachments that provide you different stroke lengths. As a result, you get accurate percussion with pleasant muscle beating into submission that helps you recover from sciatica pain.
It features a 24V Brushless high-torque motor and unique quiet glide technology that deliver you powerful percussion massage to lose your muscle and let you enjoy a sound free massage at only 35 dB – 55dB. This massager can provide up to 3,200 percussions per minute with three adjustable, different intensity levels, meaning that you can change the pressure and massage as per your demand and feel like a professional massage for your sciatica.
You will have a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that can deliver 3 hours of massage with a single charge. But it will shut off automatically after every 10 minutes of use to avoid any injury. With its high-quality construction and a carrying case, you can take it anywhere and enjoy a useful massage for your sciatica problem. With all these features, it should be considered as the best massager for sciatica.
Massage Gun Muscle Features:
- This massager comes with 4 interchangeable head attachments that provide you different stroke lengths for accurate percussion.
- It has a 24V Brushless high-torque motor that delivers powerful percussion massage and a sound free massage at only 35 dB – 55dB.
- Its 3,200 percussions per minute with three adjustable, different intensity levels allow you to change the pressure as per your demand.
- You will have a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that can deliver 3 hours of massage with a single charge.
- With its high-quality construction and a carrying case, you can take it anywhere and enjoy a useful massage.
5. Jimugor Lower Back Stretcher Massager with Heat Function & Adjustable Intensity
Jimugor Lower Back Stretcher Massager is another great massager you will find in the market that provides great customer value. It features a flat, inflatable lumbar traction design that pushes your waist up and down along with the human body’s gravity. As a result, you get a smooth massage that may reduce the pain of sciatica.
At the same time, it has inflation air pressure that helps you do your stretching exercise without any moving. Stretching helps you get rid of nerve pain. These features make it another best massage for sciatic nerve pain. Also, you will get a heating function that offers a gentle and warm massage so that your blood circulation improves and make your muscles relaxed. This feature makes it the best massager for hip pain.
You will get three adjustable intensity levels for the warm massage to get your desired warm level. With its vibration massage mode, you can enjoy a smooth massage. It also has an additional soft cushioned base plate that improves your overall exercise experience.
Jimugor Lower Features:
- This massager comes with a flat, inflatable lumbar traction design that pushes your waist up and down that may reduce the pain of sciatica
- It has inflation air pressure that helps you do your stretching exercise without any moving to get rid of nerve pain
- Its heating function offers a gentle and warm massage so that the blood circulation improves and your muscles get relaxed
- You will have three adjustable intensity level for the warm massage so that you can get your desired warm level
- With its vibration massage mode and soft cushioned base, you can enjoy a smooth massage
6. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager – Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat for Shoulders
If you are looking for a massager that can help you relax your muscle and reduce sciatica pain, you can choose the zyllion shiatsu back and neck massager. It comes with 3-dimension powerful deep-kneading shiatsu massage nodes that help you get relief from aches, knots, and muscle tension. Its nodes automatically change their direction every minute to relax tight and overused muscles, and, thus, reduce the sciatica pain.
The heating function helps you improve the blood circulation, makes you relax, and adds touch to the muscle-soothing intensity. Even if the temperature goes up to the standard level, it will automatically shut off so that you and the machine remain safe. With its 3.5” ultra-slim ergonomic design, it perfectly contours your lower & upper-back, calf, neck, abdomen, and thigh areas.
To make it more convenient, it comes with no-fuss adjustable straps that are extremely easy to use and allow you to tie the massager to your favorite sofa, chair, and car seat. Its top-quality leather is there to make it durable and cruelty-free, easy to clean, and soft to the touch.
Zyllion Shiatsu Features:
- This massager comes with dimension powerful deep-kneading shiatsu massage nodes that help you get relief from aches, knots, and muscle tension.
- It has nodes that automatically change their direction every minute to relax tight and overused muscles.
- Its heating function helps you improve the blood circulation, makes you relax, and adds an additional touch to the muscle-soothing intensity.
- You will have no-fuss adjustable straps with top quality leather construction that are extremely easy to use and allow you to tie the massager easily.
- With its ultra-slim ergonomic design, it contours your lower & upper-back, abdomen, and thigh areas.
7. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Massager
The Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Massager comes to the market to provide you all-around and targeted muscle relief. It features 4 specially designed unique attachment heads that provide you different stroke lengths for accurate percussion to address targeted pain. All four heads have different functions, meaning that you can have different types of massages to get rid of sciatica pain.
You will have a variable speed dial with a maximum of 3,350 pulses per minute that allows you to set the intensity of the massage so that you can have your desired massage and reduce the pain from arthritis, sciatica, sports injury, and others.
It features a sleek user-friendly design that is easy to use and helps you promote circulation, reduce muscle soreness, stiffness, inflammation, and chronic pain like sciatica. With its durable and stylish fabric allow you to use it for years to get therapeutic enjoyment.
Wahl Deep Tissue Features:
- This massager comes with 4 specially designed unique attachment heads that help you address targeted pain relief.
- All four heads have different functions, meaning that you can use this massager for different massages.
- Its 3,350 pulses per minute with adjustable intensity levels allow you to change the pressure as per your demand.
- You will have a sleek user-friendly design that is easy to use and help you promote blood circulation and reduce pain like sciatica.
- With its high-quality construction and stylish fabric allow you to use it for years to get therapeutic enjoyment.
8. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager for Muscles
Up next is the RENPHO rechargeable handheld deep tissue massager that is designed to help you reduce your pain from the full body. It comes with percussion technology that can help you relax your muscles and relieve pains. You will get 5 interchangeable head-attachments, and all the heads have different functions so that you can use any one depending on your massage preference.
It features a powerful motor that can deliver you up 3600 pulses per minute that ensures a deep tissue massage and can work efficiently to reduce your pain. With its 4 strength modes and 3-speed modes, you can set the intensity based on your preference, and you can easily use this massager because it has an ergonomic design.
Even it will auto shut-off after continuous use of 20 to prevents the massager from overheating and keep you safe. This amazing device is easy to carry, as well. You will get a cordless design with the lithium-ion battery having a capacity of 2600mAh; you can get up to 140 min service time.
RENPHO Rechargeable Features:
- This massager comes with percussion technology that can help you relax your muscles and reduce sciatica pains.
- You will get 5 interchangeable head-attachments so that you can use anyone depending on your massage preference.
- It has a powerful motor with 3600 pulses per minute that can work efficiently to reduce your pain.
- This massager has 4 strength modes and 3-speed modes so that you can set the intensity based on your preference.
- With its lithium-ion battery having a capacity of 2600mAh, you can get up to 140 min service time.
What To Consider Before Buying A Massager For Sciatica?
So, what makes a massager the best massager for sciatica? Well, there are some tips you can follow in choosing the best one. Do you want to know these tips? If yes, then keep reading.
Types of massage you want
The first thing you should consider is the type of massage you want. As we discussed before, there are several types of massage that help reduce the pain of sciatica. You will get a massager that offers different types of massage. So you need to determine first what type of massage you like to have with the massager and based on that, you should choose a massager.
Compression or vibration
The next thing you need to look for is the compression or vibration. Some massagers provide massage through the compression, where some massagers provide through vibration. Both are good, and if you find one that offers both, it will be the best. So make sure you check it before buying a massager for sciatica. Compression and vibration both work to lose the muscle, soften the tissues, and reduce pain from different parts of your body.
Heat is another great function that any good massager should have to reduce the pain of sciatica. Heat improves the blood circulation of the body and also increases the intensity of the massage a little bit. As a result, you get a comfortable massage, and it makes your body relax. So it will be an additional benefit for you if you can get that.
Not everyone likes to have the same intense massage. You have different needs than others. That is why it is important to have an intensity level to set the intensity for the warm and compression based on your preference. Also, different intensity levels help you apply it in different parts of your body and reduce different chronic pains.
Portability and battery power
Also, check for some portability and battery power. Since you may want to carry the device with you and take massage wherever you go, portability and battery power should be your main priority. High battery power allows you to get maximum time massage with a single charge.
Note It would be good for you to have a proper idea about how you can buy the right massager. In that case, you can follow our next guideline, how to choose the perfect massager.
Why Should You Buy A Massager For Sciatica?
Before investing your money on a massager, you need to know the benefits and why you should buy a massager for sciatica. For your convenience, here are some main reasons why you should buy a massager.
- A massager is automatic, meaning that you can have an automated massage that is convenient and inexpensive.
- The massage helps you to lose and relax the muscle and can reduce the pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- When applying massage, it helps to improve the blood circulation and, thus, it flows oxygen and nutrition to the sores area and promotes healing.
- It helps you to release endorphins hormone in your brain, which is known for reducing pain in your sciatica problem.
- The massager helps you take massage regularly; thus, it makes your exercise regularly, and also, it saves a lot of time and money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then follow our frequently asked questions below.
Is Theragun good for sciatica?
You have the sciatic nerve from your lower back to feet, and your muscles press against this nerve in sciatica. Theragun can help you release these nerves. So, yes, it is good for sciatica.
Is massage or chiropractor better for sciatica?
Yes, massage or chiropractor better for sciatica. It can help you release endorphins known for pain relief and deep muscle relaxation that can reduce the sciatica pain.
Can a massage make sciatica worse?
Nothing excessive is good. Also, if you do not use it properly, and without taking the consultancy with a doctor, it might make sciatica worse. If done properly, it is good for sciatica.
Is stretching good for sciatica?
Stretch can help relieve your sciatica pain by loosening and softening your gluteal and piriformis muscles. But you have to do it properly to get the result.
What is the best sitting position for sciatica?
You should sit up straight and all the way back in the chair so that your buttocks and back are supported instead of sitting towards the front of your chair.
Finding the best massager for sciatica is really important because it can give you good massage methods with better compression, heat function, and the customization you need to achieve a good massage. That is why we have reviewed some of the good massagers with their features and benefits.
All of them are good for sciatica, but if you ask for my suggestion, I will tell you to go for the Massage Gun Muscle Neck Back Massager by opove. It offers you a comfortable massage that can help you get relief from sciatica pain, offers customization, and ensures low noise. You might not get a better option than this. So go for this one.