Restless legs syndrome is a neurological disorder whose symptoms appear during the night or hours of sleep. This syndrome can be caused by an iron deficiency and the use of antidepressants for a long time. Massaging through a leg massager can relieve restless legs syndrome, and you will get a restful sleep.
But, all leg massagers aren't perfect for restless legs. In this article, after a careful selection, we have compiled the 5 best leg massager for restless leg syndrome that will meet your demands. Also, they provide complete relief and incomparable well-being.
Is Massage Good For Restless Legs?
A good massage is good for improving restless legs. It can improve muscle tone, facilitating eliminating the feeling of tiredness and heaviness of the legs by promoting blood in the congested areas. Remember that too intense massage over 30 minutes at the same time can cause the muscles to defend themselves by contracting further. Also, it relaxes and reduces nervous tension by improving muscle flexibility.
Note: Here, we have covered the goodness of massage for restless legs. If you want to know more about massage, you can read our previous article on how to use massager.
Table of content
Here is the table of content for your quick navigation:
5 Best Leg Massager For Restless Leg Syndrome 2020
- QUINEAR Leg Massager with Heat Calf Wrap Massage
- FIT KING Foot and Leg Massager for Circulation and Relaxation
- FIT KING Leg Air Massager for Circulation and Relaxation Foot and Calf Massage
- CINCOM Leg Massager for Circulation Air Compression Calf Wraps
- ComfySure Arm and Leg Massager with Calf Compression Wrap
- What To Consider Before Buying A Leg Massager For Restless Leg Syndrome?
If you want to see our selected leg massagers at a glimpse, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
Human Touch Reflex SOL Foot and Calf Relaxation Shiatsu Massager with Heat and Vibration- Patented Technology - Extended Height, Adjustable Tilt Base with Under Foot Massage Rollers, Black and White
FIT KING Foot and Leg Massager for Circulation and Relaxation with Hand-held Controller 3 Modes 3 Intensities FT-012A
FIT KING Leg Air Massager for Circulation and Relaxation Foot and Calf Massage with Handheld Controller 3 Intensities 2 Modes(with 2 Extensions)
CINCOM Leg Massager for Circulation Air Compression Calf Wraps with 2 Modes 3 Intensities and Helpful for RLS and Edema
ComfySure Arm and Leg Massager with Calf Compression Wrap - FDA Cleared, Boosts Circulation, 2 Modes, 3 Intensities - Muscle Relaxer in Legs, Forearm for DVT Blood Clots, Edema & Diabetes
5 Best Leg Massager For Restless Leg Syndrome 2020
The market is flooded with lots of leg massager models. So, finding the best one is a challenging task. Here, we have reviewed the top 5 best leg massager for restless leg syndrome to best suit your needs.
QUINEAR Leg Massager with Heat Calf Wrap Massage
QUINEAR Leg Massager comes with 4 airbags that provide massage and relieve restless leg syndrome by improving muscle flexibility. It has an adjustable heating system that improves blood flow with warm massage, reduce muscle pain and fatigue from legs. Also, it has washable leg sleeves that can be easily removed after getting a massage and protect from dirt. For these points, it can be counted as the best massager for restless leg syndrome.
It has adjustable massaging modes and 3 levels of intensity that provide personalized massage according to your needs. The different levels of intensity help to reduce swelling ensure RLS relief by relaxing muscles. It has hose indicators that allow connecting the air hose into the massager. For easy carrying, it comes with a portable bag so that you can take it with you while traveling.
The massage has a controller that allows controlling heat levels, modes, and air pressure levels and indicates the functions for better understand. It provides a comprehensive massage that helps to reduce the pain after a long time standing and exercise by soothing muscles. It automatically shut down after 20 minutes of continuous massage that ensure safety.
QUINEAR Leg Features:
- It comes with an adjustable heating system that relieves restless leg syndrome by relaxing the muscle.
- The airbags and air hose provide massage to improve blood circulation and reduce pain.
- It automatically shut down after 20 minutes of continuous massage for safety.
- The I-shaped controller allows to on/off the massager and adjusts heat, air pressure, modes.
- It has 3 massaging modes and 3 intensity levels that provide personalized massage.
FIT KING Foot and Leg Massager for Circulation and Relaxation
FIT KING Foot and Leg Massager comes with 6 airbags that provide foot massage for restless leg syndrome from thigh to foot and helps reduce it quickly. Also, it helps to relieve fatigue by promoting blood flow in stressed areas and ensure a fast recovery. It has 2 extra extensions that allow extra coverage for calves up to 28.5 inches so anyone can use it.
The handheld controller helps to start and shutdown, indicates the modes, mode settings, pressure, and power. Also, the controller allows adjusting the modes, intensity levels, and air pressure quickly that makes it more comfortable. Its sleeves provide sequential compression that inflates and deflates the air chambers to prevent lump in legs.
It has 3 mode settings that allow targeted massage from its 10 different modes. Its 3 levels of intensity provide a personalized massage that helps to reduce edema from foot to thigh. It comes with a small bag that allows us to carry the massager while traveling. Also, it shut off after 20 minutes of massage sessions that ensure safety.
FIT KING Foot Features:
- It comes with 6 airbags that provide massage from foot to thigh and relieve restless leg syndrome quickly.
- Its adjustable 3 levels intensity provides massage according to your needs and reduces edema.
- The 10 modes and 3 mode settings provide different massaging experiences based on your needs.
- Automatically shut down after 20 minutes massaging session to ensure safety.
- It has 2 extra extensions that allow to fit everyone up to 28.5 inches size.
FIT KING Leg Air Massager for Circulation and Relaxation Foot and Calf Massage
FIT KING Leg Air Massager comes with 4 airbags that provide massage from foot and calves muscles to relieve restless leg syndrome. Also, it helps to reduce fatigue quickly by improving blood circulation in muscles. It has two extensions that can be easily adjusted with the wraps and support up to 28.5 inches so everyone can use it.
The calf massager for restless leg syndrome has 2 massage modes and 3 levels of intensity that provides adjustable and personalized massaging experience. Also, intensity levels help to reduce edema and muscle pain. It has 10 massage methods that ensure a better massaging experience with long time use. The massager made with high-grade material that provides safety during massaging.
It is equipped with a portable controller that shows the modes, intensity levels, and power options. Also, it allows changing modes, intensity levels, and on/off. It shut down after 20 minutes random massaging on calves and foot automatically. You can carry it on the travel bag due to its portable design. After all, it can be considered as the best leg massager for restless leg syndrome.
FIT KING Leg Features:
- It has 4 airbags that help to reduce restless leg syndrome by improving circulation and flexibility.
- The 2 extra adjustable wraps allow you to get a massage up to 28.5 inches maximum calves.
- It has 2 modes and 3 massage intensities that helps to reduce edema and leg muscle pain.
- 10 massaging techniques provide massage on the different parts of the legs and reduce stress effectively.
- The handheld controller indicates the power, modes, and intensity levels with adjusting features.
CINCOM Leg Massager for Circulation Air Compression Calf Wraps
CINCOM Leg Massager is equipped with 4 large airbags that provide restless legs syndrome massage and reduce stress quickly. Also, the massager relaxes pained muscle by improving blood flow. It is not only suitable for legs but also perfect for arms. Its air hose allows to inflate and deflate those airbags that help to remove muscle plasticity.
It has 2 massaging modes and 3 intensity levels that ensure an adjustable and comfortable massaging experience. The intensity levels help to reduce edema and severe RLS problems effectively. It also has 7 massaging methods that provide massage on the various parts of your legs and arms. Its adjustable sleeves extensions support up to 21 inches, so everyone comfortably uses it for massaging.
It has a handheld controller that helps to on/off the massager and indicates the intensity levels, modes, and methods with modifying functions. It comes with a mesh travel bag that allows you to take it with you while traveling. After 20 minutes of random massaging, it shut down automatically and protects your legs and arms from danger.
CINCOM Leg Features:
- It comes with 4 airbags that help to reduce restless leg syndrome by improving blood flow.
- The portable handheld controller allows us to adjust modes, intensity levels, and show all functions.
- Its 2 massage mode and 3 intensity levels ensure customized massage and reduce RLS edema and pain.
- It has 7 massaging methods that provide massage on targeted areas of legs and arms.
- Extra leg wrap covers up to 21 inches, so it is suitable for everyone.
ComfySure Arm and Leg Massager with Calf Compression Wrap
ComfySure Arm and Leg Massager comes with 2 airbags that provide leg massage for restless leg syndrome by improving blood circulation. The air hoses allow to inflate and deflate air inside airbags that ensure comfort massage. It is equipped with a rechargeable battery that massage up to 2 hours and takes 3 hours to charge.
It has 3 levels of intensity and 2 massaging modes that provide massage according to your needs. The intensities and modes help to reduce leg aches, pains, and RLS edema effectively. Its adjustable Velcro straps make it suitable for everyone with accurate fit. Also, it is made with high-quality PU leather that ensures durability and longevity.
Its portable control unit allows to start and shut down the massager, indicates modes and intensities for easy understanding. You can adjust the modes and intensities easily. Also, the FDA verified massager can be used as SCD, IPC, DVT machine if need.
ComfySure Arm Features:
- The massager comes with 2 airbags that help to reduce restless leg syndrome by improving circulation.
- It has a rechargeable battery that provides massage up to 2 hours on a full charge.
- 2 massaging modes and 3 intensities provide personalized massage and reduce leg pains.
- The portable control unit shows the modes and intensities with power on/off option.
- It is made with basketball line PU leather that ensures durability and longevity.
What To Consider Before Buying A Leg Massager For Restless Leg Syndrome?
In this guide, we have presented some factors that you should know before buying the best leg massager for restless leg syndrome. The factors will help you to make the right purchase. The factors are:
If the massaging system used is found out, the right step will be taken to recognize the main function it is designed to perform. The leg massager for RLS is based on the airbags. The airbags inflate and deflate through air hose and provide massage. Some airbags create heat or infrared rays, which is optional.
Size is the second compulsory factor to choose a leg massager for restless legs. The ideal one has extra wraps or straps that allow it to use for everyone. The extensions size should be 20 to 30 inches, so any size of large legs fit accurately.
You should choose the leg massager that is easy to carry and store in a travel bag. A compact massager weighs very low and easy to transport in a small bag or carry with hand.
Airbags are the main part of a leg massager. It inflates and deflates to provide massage on the different parts of the legs. So, you should count the number of airbags used in your massager. The more airbags used, the more massaging experience you will get. The number of airbags should be 2 to 10. Also, its build material should be good in quality,
Intensity levels mean the speed of a massager. Very high and very low intensity can be harmful to our legs and the whole body. So, your massager intensity levels should be 3 to 10. Also, intensities help to reduce severe RLS pain and edema quickly by improving muscle mobility.
It is necessary to pay great attention to the safety instructions indicated in the user manual because it is an electrical device. Check the functions such as:
- Auto power off after 20 minutes (highly recommended)
- Low battery indicators (if battery operated)
- Overheat protection
- Check the power cable before use.
Anyone can use a leg massager, so cleaning is essential. So, choose those models which come with washable materials. Because they are easy to clean and ensure hygiene performance.
Legs massager comes with a control unit that has a different shape. The controller allows to adjust the modes, methods, intensity levels, and power on/off. Also, it indicates the level of mode, level of intensity, and power signal. You should check the quality and system of the control unit before purchasing it.
By following these factors, you will get the best leg massager that will help you to reduce restless leg syndrome.
Note: In the above section, we have presented a guide to buying a leg massager for restless leg syndrome. If you want to know more about how to pick the good massager, you can read the massager buying guide.
Why Should You Buy A Leg Massager For Restless Leg Syndrome?
You should buy a leg massager for quick relief from restless leg syndrome and several benefits. Some of them are:
- Leg massagers also improve circulation in the restless part of your leg. They activate the lymph through which fats, waste, and toxins are removed. It helps the veins to be free, and circulation is noticeably improved.
- After arriving home from the office or workplace, your legs become tired and stressed with sore feet. Massaging helps to reduce the stress and soreness of restless legs, and you will sleep better.
- There are points on the feet that are more than useful to alleviate, help and heal the terrible symptoms of the depression process. Massaging apply pressure in these acupuncture points helps to rest without pain.
- The massager's airbags help to eliminate daily stress, and this can relax the nervous system by improving circulation.
- Its different modes and intensities help to avoid imbalances and decompensations by ensuring muscle flexibility.
For these benefits, you should have a leg massager for restless leg syndrome. So, you can make your purchase from our reviewed leg massagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we have answered some frequently asked questions about leg massager for restless leg syndrome.
What aggravates restless leg syndrome?
Restless leg syndrome is a chronic disease caused by iron deficiency, anti-depressant, anti-nausea medication for a long time containing diphenhydramine types of drugs. Also, the imbalance amount of dopamine in the brain can cause RLS.
Do weighted blankets help restless leg syndrome?
Weighted blankets provide comfort during sleep. It works gently on the legs and relax intolerable nerves but cannot provide permanent relief.
Is Magnesium good for restless legs?
For a low level of magnesium, your nerves react over, and muscle contraction happens. So, enough magnesium level is a necessary remedy for restless legs.
What causes restless legs at night in bed?
Taking a long time medication like anti-nausea, anti-depressant drugs, etc. is the main cause for restless legs. Also, sleeping with bad leg posture cause the problem in bed.
What triggers restless leg syndrome?
Restless legs syndrome can be triggered by several medications, including:
- Anti-nausea drugs,
- Drugs used to treat certain types of mental disorders),
- Cold medicines and antihistamine-based allergies,
- Calcium flow blockers (used to treat heart problems and hypertension).
Those suffering from restless leg syndrome, the leg massagers can be a quick remedy if you are looking for immediate relief to the syndrome. It helps to release tension, relax tissues, and warm up the hypertonic tissues from the 5 best leg massager for restless leg syndrome.
I want to recommend FIT KING Leg Air Massager that comes with 4 airbags, helps to reduce restless leg syndrome by improving blood circulation, and releasing muscle tension. It has 2 modes, 3 intensities, and 10 massage techniques that provide personalized massage and relieve fatigue and soreness. Also, its control unit allows adjusting the modes, intensities, and power quickly. Due to its big size and compactness, everyone can use it easily.