The massage on the back has relaxing effects and helps ease the strain on the back muscles. Back massagers are among the most useful allies for those who have lower back pain. The effectiveness of a good massage can relief your lower back pain.
The nature of many of the pains that develop in the back is recurrent. This means that lower back pain or neck problems can last over time and recur. Booking a visit for back problems can cost quite significant amounts. For this reason, I have highlighted the 5 best back massager for lower back pain. Let’s overview them:
Table of Content:
Have a look at the table of content for quick navigation.
- 5 Best Back Massager for Lower Back Pain
- Benefits of Back Massage Machine
- How to Use a Back Massager? Step by Step Guide
If you want to discover our selected back massager for lower back pain, check it the comparison chart below:
5 Best Back Massager for Lower Back Pain
We have researched several back massagers and choose the 5 best back massager for lower back pain that really performed well. Let’s see their features and review from here:
1. Comfier Shiatsu Back Massager
Comfier Shiatsu Back Massager uses 4 rotating nodes that provide relaxation massage on the back so the fatigue, stress, and pain will be eliminated quickly. It has 2 levels of intensity setting for your comfort. Also, you can customize it to get a massage on a specific zone.
It provides heat therapy on the back, so the muscle tension will go away after promoting blood flow. Also, it gives a 3 intensity level vibration massage that ensures relaxation on the hip and thighs. With the controller, you can control the massager’s functions easily.
You can add it with all types of chairs using the integral straps. Its anti-slip rubber bottom provides a stable massaging experience. You can remove the flap and clean it if needed. That’s why it will be the best electric massager for lower back pain.
Comfier Shiatsu Features:
- It provides adjustable kneading, vibration, and heat therapy on the back to reduce pain,
- The dual intensity setting allows you to take massages with comfort.
- It has a controller that allows you to adjust all functions of the massager.
- Its anti-slip bottom and straps ensure stable performance during massaging.
- It is portable, so you can use the massage in-home, office and anywhere.
Comfier Shiatsu Back Massager provides Shiatsu massage on the back with great comfort.
2. Hunt Heat Heating Pad Back Massager
Hunt Heat Heating Pad Back Massager is designed as a belt and uses IR heat to reduce pain and provide relaxation on the lower back. To use the belt massager, you have to buy a 3350 mAh rechargeable battery that runs up to 10 hours at once. By wearing it, you keep the lower back, abdomen and waist warm to feel comfort.
It is considered the best portable back massagers because it can be used anywhere, anytime with a single press. The 2X vibration massage provides complete muscle relaxation by stimulating blood flow. Users with a 19 to 45 inches waist can use the massager.
Its 3 intensity levels of vibration and heat massage help to relieve back and abdominal pain. The heater is covered by carbon fiber and a fastener loop with an elastic strap to use the massager easily. Using the massage, you can care for your waist by heart.
Hunt Heat Heating Features:
- The belt-shaped massager is equipped with a motor, heater, straps, and hooks to wear comfortably on the waist.
- It provides 3 intensity levels of vibration and heat massages to stimulate blood flow.
- It supports 19 to 45 inches waist sized people so all aged people can use it.
- With a rechargeable 3350 mAh battery, it runs up to 19 hours (sell separately).
- You can wear it easily with the intelligent switches that allow you to control functions easily.
Hunt Heat Heating Pad Back Massager is capable of developing a complete and very varied range of massages.
3. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager provide 3-dimensional deep rolling and heating massage on the lower back and neck to alleviate pain quickly. Its design is very sleek as a pillow to apply on the upper back, abdomen, calves, and thighs.
It automatically stopped working when its working temperature exceeded and time reached 20 minutes. It is constructed with pure vegan leather that provides comfort on the back and easily washable. Also, it has 4 kneading nodes that change directions every minute during massaging sessions. Its powerful performance makes it the most powerful back massager.
With the straps, you can easily fit it on a chair, sofa, and seat. Your muscle knots, aches and tension will be reduced after using the kneading massage. Its heat therapy helps to soothe the muscle by promoting blood flow. For these effective massaging features, it becomes our best back massager for lower back pain.
Zyllion Shiatsu Features:
- Its ultra-pillow shape design easily fits on the neck and back to provide deep massage to reduce pain.
- The heating and rolling techniques help to alleviate muscle aches, tight muscles, soreness, and lower back pain.
- The rolling nodes change its rotating directions each minute to ensure comfort.
- After a 20 minutes session and exceeding motor performance, it automatically stopped.
- The upper material is made with vegan leather and has adjustable straps to fit with the chair and more.
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager provide comfort and relaxation on the lower back and neck.
4. Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager
Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager provides a bi-directional massaging experience to alleviate lower back pain quickly. It is covered to ensure professional massaging on the back and neck. Its size is very sleek, so it can be used on a chair using the elastic strap.
It has an auto turn-off option after 15 minutes to protect us from unexpected damage. The buttons allow you to control the massager with ease. It gives 8 powerful 3 level kneading nodes with heat massage to improve the lower back condition with relaxation.
You can power up the massager on a 110/220V outlet, car adapter and other AC outlets. With high-quality straps, it can be fitted with chairs and car seats as you want. Also, it has an auto-reverse mode that distributes the massaging effects on the whole area.
Shiatsu Neck Features:
- It applies a versatile massage with 8 powerful kneading nodes and heating therapy to relieve lower back pain.
- Due to its compact pillow-shaped design, you can use it on a chair, car seat, and more with the shoulder straps.
- The kneading rollers move bi-directionally with an auto-reverse massaging experience.
- After the 15 minutes massaging session, it automatically stopped to protect us from damage.
- With the control buttons, you can adjust all modes and settings with a single tap.
Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager provides heat and kneading massage on the lower back, calves, legs, and feet with relaxation.
5. Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager has 4 massaging nodes that provide kneading massages with bi-directional movements. The massager offers deep kneading massage with heat therapy on the lower back to quickly reduce stressful pain.
It has a 20 minutes auto shut-off option that prevents muscle and nerve damage. Also, it shut-off automatically if the machine is overheated. It gives 112 degrees Fahrenheit heat that improves muscle flexibility and reduces fatigue.
The buttons allow you to ON, OFF, and control heat during massaging. Due to its compact design and elastic straps, it can be used on chairs, seats and more platforms. You can use the lower back pain massage machine on thighs, calves, and more areas.
Naipo Shiatsu Features:
- It provides deep kneading and heat massage on the lower back and other areas to reduce pain quickly.
- The 4 kneading nodes move bi-directionally to provide a shiatsu massaging experience.
- Its 20 minutes and overheat auto turn-off features keep us from unexpected damage.
- The buttons allow you to ON, OFF, and adjust heat (up to 112℉) easily.
- It is equipped with elastic straps to fit with chairs, car seats, and other places to enjoy massaging.
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager ensure a portable massaging experience with rolling and heat massages.
Benefits of Back Massage Machine
A back massage machine has a wide range of benefits on our whole body. Below, I have shared some of the practical benefits:
- Relieves postural stress: Many people lead a sedentary lifestyle that is affected by the posture stress. So they experience pain in the lower back, the tension in the back muscles. Back massager applies therapy that counteracts the imbalance due to posture. A desk job’s stillness also causes back pain, which is relieved by a massage on the upper back.
- Helps in post-surgical rehabilitation: By increasing blood circulation and relaxing muscles, the massager improves joint movement with flexibility.
- Relieves muscle aches: Massager improves blood circulation to bring a greater blood supply with oxygen to major muscles and organs.
- Soothes anxiety: Regular back massagers have relaxing effects and reduce stress levels.
- Promotes sleep: Relaxation of the back muscles causes general relaxation in the person, encouraging sleep.
- Gives emotional benefits: The back massager stimulates the production of dopamine, endorphins and serotonin, chemicals that give a perception of well-being in the body.
How to Use a Back Massager? Step by Step Guide
The back massager helps to reduce lower back pain effectively within a short time. It is very easy to use and let’s see how to use it:
- First, place the massager in the correct position and sit straight.
- Turn on the back massager and adjust the intensity level, massaging modes.
- During massaging, take a long breath and it will improve blood flow on the lower back.
- Set the massaging duration 10 to 20 minutes to avoid accidental issues.
Read the manual and check the power source level before using a back massager. The overflow of electricity can damage the machine and hurt your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below, I have answered some frequently asked questions about the back massager.
Are back massagers good for back pain?
Back massagers provide massage on the lower and upper back that helps to release endorphins level. The endorphins can reduce back pain quickly.
Can you use a back massager too much?
You can take a massage on the back as you want. But a session will not be exceeded more than 15 to 20 minutes. Over massage may cause severe injuries on the back.
How often should you use a back massager?
You can use a massager on the back when you feel pain and there is no limited restriction. But, never take massages for up to 15 minutes at once.
Can you use a back massager while pregnant?
If you are pregnant, you do not need to take a back massage, although it has no effect on pregnancy. Vigorous motion is not good for pregnant women, so try to avoid massage.
How long should you use a back massager?
You should not use a back massager for more than 15 minutes at a time. Each session should not be exceeded more than the recommended time.
The back is the part of the human body most subject to stress and strain. Precisely for this reason, at least once in their life, everyone suffers from lower back pain. To reduce the pain, a back massager is useful and prevents it effectively. Here, we have reviewed 5 best back massager for lower back pain and I would like to recommend Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager.
It provides powerful massages on the lower back to reduce pain quickly. Its nodes change the direction after 1 minute to soothe the muscle. The heat improves muscle flexibility by improving blood stimulation. Its design is very sleek, comes with high-quality straps to use it on the back, neck, legs, shoulders, arms and feet to relieve pain.